Grants are available to UK charities that demonstrate a strong focus on alleviating social deprivation and helping vulnerable groups who have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Maximum value: Discretionary
Objectives of Fund
The COVID-19 Response Fund aims to help charities in the UK (and abroad) to alleviate social deprivation, helping vulnerable people affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Funding is at the discretion of the Trustees.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Who Can Apply
Registered charities, community interest companies, community organisations and social enterprises based and working in the UK (or abroad) may apply.
The organisation must demonstrate how it is directly involved with the alleviation of social deprivation and how it will support vulnerable groups affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be constituted (have a governing document).
- Have a bank account in the name of the group with at least two unrelated signatories.
- Have at least three unrelated members on their management committee.
- Have committee meetings with a quorum of at least three unrelated members present.
- Be at least two unrelated cheque signatories.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Non-constituted groups.
- General fundraising appeals or activities.
- Contributions to major capital projects.
- Groups who will then distribute the funds as grants or bursaries.
- The repayment of loans or payment of debts.
- Retrospective funding (ie costs already incurred/activities already taken place).
- Trips abroad.
- Purchase of second hand vehicles.
- The advancement of religion or politics.
- Activities that are the responsibility of statutory authorities.
The activity must be specifically related to the COVID-19 pandemic and can be for project and administrative costs, as the Trust does not usually fund capital expenditure. However, applications for medical equipment and the production or distribution of PPE may be considered.
How To Apply
Applications must be received by 31 December 2020.
Guidelines and an online request form for an application pack can be found on the Volant Charitable Trust website.
Contact the Trust for further information.