Grants are available for local not-for-profit organisations to help provide meals to anyone in need in the lead up to Christmas.
Maximum value: £1,000
Objectives of Fund
The ASDA Foundation’s grants programmes aim to support grassroots charitable organisations working at the heart of its stores’ communities. Registered charities, community groups, voluntary organisations and other not-for-profit organisations in the UK can apply for support with initiatives that will make a real long-term difference, benefiting the wider community.
The Foundation does not accept applications directly. Applications are made through the applicant’s local Asda store’s Community Champion, whose role is to support projects within the community.
In response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the Foundation has created the Feeding Communities Grant scheme. The funding is to be used to provide meals for those in need in the run up to Christmas. This includes individuals, families, meals at children’s healthy holiday clubs.
Applications are made via the group’s local Asda Store’s Community Champion.
Grants of up to £1,000 are available.
The grant can contribute to meals which cost £4.00 or less.
Who Can Apply
Applications are accepted from not-for-profit registered charities, registered not-for-profit companies, community interest companies and unincorporated clubs or associations in the UK.
To be eligible, applicant organisations must be able to provide:
- Clear rationale for how the grant money will be used.
- A bank statement or deposit slip showing the payee name.
- At least
one accepted document as per below:
- Registered charities – charity number/constitution.
- Registered companies – company number/memorandum and articles of association.
- Community interest companies (CICs) – company number/constitution/memorandum and articles of association.
- Unincorporated club or association – constitution/club rules.
Groups who have already received funding from Asda Foundation in 2020 may apply for this grant.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Salary costs
- Activities – this grant is food only
- Christmas Gifts
- Packaging of food for transport
- Delivery costs
- Groups who deliver a service to make a profit.
The grants can support the following:
- Food parcel for a family/individual
- Christmas Hamper (food only)
- School Holiday Clubs (food only)
- Soup kitchen/homeless centre (food only)
- Christmas meal deliver or collection
- Local Community Centre providing meal deliveries
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted from 6 November 2020 to 6 December 2020.
Application forms can be obtained from Asda Community Champions, who are based in local Asda stores. There are two different application forms, one for groups who are government entity organisations and another for groups who are non-government entities. (Guidance notes on completing these forms are available on the Asda Foundation website.)
All applications must be made via the applicant’s local Asda Community Champion; applications made directly by organisations will not be accepted by the Foundation.
Applicants can use the store locator link on the Foundation website to get in touch with their local store and speak to their Community Champion about their project proposal.
Applications will be considered within six weeks from the date the Community Champion submits it to the Asda Foundation.