Advice and grants for the development of innovative IT based projects with a charitable or educational focus in the UK.
Objectives of Fund
Funding of IT related projects and provision of pro-bono IT consultancy which fit with the Charity’s following objectives:
- The advancement of education and training of the public in matters related to information technology.
- Promoting the effectiveness and efficiency of charities and the effective use of resources to achieve charitable purposes for the benefit of the public by the provision of advice and support in relation to information technology.
Priority will be given to:
- Enhancing opportunities for young people through more effective education.
- Improving the quality of life of the disadvantaged and disabled.
- Enabling access for all citizens to information, culture and business opportunities.
- Helping to re-engage those currently excluded from society.
The Charity is often able to add value to funded projects by offering Pro-Bono IT Consultancy to organisations.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Who Can Apply
Registered charities, educational establishments, and other organisations with a formal not for profit consititution that are located in the UK are eligible to apply.
Pro-bono support for projects is dependent on the Charity’s available resources at the time.
Consideration will be given to projects that:
- Demonstrate an innovative use of IT.
- Can be developed into a model for wider replication.
- Can be sustained beyond the timeframe of the Company’s involvement.
- Focus on outcomes which can be formally evaluated.
How To Apply
Applications can be made at any time.
Organisations who wish to apply for funding or pro-bono consultancy should fill out the Grant Application Form and return it to:
Eleanor Macgregor, WCIT Charity Coordinator, Worshipful Company of Information Technologists Charity, 39a Bartholomew Close, London. EC1A 7JN