Funding is available for specialist equipment for the direct use of children up to the age of 18 years who are sick, disabled or disadvantaged and are resident in the UK.
Objectives of Fund
The scheme is intended to support organisations which work with sick, disabled or disadvantaged children up to and including the age of 18 years. In particular, the scheme wishes to provide funding for specialist equipment for direct use by children.
There is no lower or upper limit on the level of grant which may be awarded, but most grants are for less than £5,000.
Many requests are for sums under £1,000.
Who Can Apply
Applications can be made on behalf of individual children. These must be supported by a letter from an appropriately qualified medical professional, such as an occupational therapist, physiotherapist or paediatrician
Applications can also be made from non-profit making groups and organisations working with children up to, and including, the physical age of 18 years. These include statutory bodies (schools and hospitals), hospices and small registered charities. These applications must also be supported by a letter from medical professional.
Funding is not available for the following:
- Standard household equipment/furnishings.
- Standard medical equipment.
- Repayment of loans.
- Garden adaptions.
- Garden sheds or summerhouses.
- Cost of a family/wheelchair adapted vehicle.
- Administrative/salary costs.
- Laptops, iPads, computer hardware.
- Maintenance or on-going costs.
- Travel costs.
- Therapy sessions.
- Reimbursement of funds already paid out.
- Hire, rental costs or down payments.
- Trips abroad or holiday costs.
- Trampolines (due to safety aspect).
- Medical treatment or research.
- Education/tuition fees.
- Trikes, bikes or buggies.
Funding is available for specialist equipment which will be of clear direct benefit to a child or children with a disability/disabilities and/or with special needs.
The Fund aims to provide whatever is needed:
- It may be medical, such as monitoring equipment.
- It may be basic care like feeding tubes or hoists.
- It may be sensory play or mobility equipment for a nursery or playgroup.
How To Apply
Applications may be submitted at any time.
Application form and guidance documents are available to download below.