Grants are available for charitable organisations undertaking projects to help severely disabled people of all ages living in the Midlands.
Maximum value: £1,000
Objectives of Fund
The grants are for charitable organisations working with people of all ages with severe disabilities who live in the Midlands.
The programme aims to make life easier for people with severe disabilities by providing equipment and services that are not covered by statutory funds.
Awarding grants is dependent on the availability of funds to the Charity at any given time.
The majority of grants awarded are for around £1,000, although there is no ‘official’ upper limit.
The charity does not give ‘hard cash’ rather it orders and pays for invoiced items where funding has been agreed.
The maximum holiday grant is £1,000 and they are usually UK based.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Who Can Apply
Charitable organisations working with severely disabled people of any age are eligible to apply.
Applicants should be in the counties of Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. These areas are primarily covered by the postcodes starting NG, LE, DE, CV, B, WS, WV, DY and some starting with S.
Funding is not available for:
- Transport costs.
- Educational grants and course fees.
- Debts of any kind, including utilities and rent arrears.
- Money direct to other charities.
- Retrospective costs.
- Motor Vehicle purchase or expenses such as repairs, road tax, insurance and licence.
- Nursing and residential home fees.
- Funeral expenses and removal expenses.
- Driving lessons.
- Major home improvements including top-up grants.
- Therapies such as swimming with Dolphins, hyperbaric therapy etc.
- Deposits for housing, vehicles and loads.
- Alternative therapies, such as reflexology, acupuncture, faith healing.
Funding can be used for:
- Specialist and medical equipment.
- Arts workshops.
- (Holidays will be mainly UK based.)
How To Apply
Applications can be made at any time either online or in writing.
Charitable Fund Manager
FREEPOST NAT 13205
Tel: 0115 942 5646
Other grant opportunities ending soon can be found by clicking on the names of the funders below:-
Rosa Launches Voices from the Front Line Grants Scheme – ending 15th June 2017
LIFE Programme – Call for Framework Partnership Agreements (FPA) – ending 15th June 2017
European Union – Industrial Relations and Social Dialogue – ending 15th June 2017
M&S Energy – Community Energy Fund Competition Open to Applications (GB) – ending 23rd June 2017
Greggs Foundation – Local Community Projects Fund – ending 24th June 2017
Ministry of Defence – Covenant Fund Small Grants – ending 26th June 2017
EaSI Progress Programme – ending 30th June 2017