The Heart Research UK and SUBWAY Healthy Heart Grants programme will be accepting applications from organisation in the Tyne Tees, Granada, Carlton, Meridian, Anglia, Yorkshire, Central, HTV and West Country regions of England in 2017.
The Healthy Heart Grants scheme is a result of a partnership between the Heart Research UK (HRUK) and the SUBWAY franchise. The money for the grants is raised by SUBWAY staff and customers through in-store fundraising and collection boxes located throughout the UK.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available for not-for-profit organisations that have a new and innovative project designed to promote heart health and to prevent or reduce the risks of heart disease in specific groups or communities.
The scheme does not support general healthy lifestyle projects. Projects must focus on, and actively promote, heart health or reduce the risk of heart disease for the duration of the project.
Grants are available in specific regions at certain times of the year.
For 2017, bids for funding can be made in the following application windows:
- Tyne Tees – 15 May to 17 July.
- Granada – 15 May to 17 July.
- Carlton – 19 June to 18 August.
- Meridian – 10 July to 1 September.
- Anglia – 10 July to 1 September.
- Yorkshire – 24 July to 8 September.
- Central – 21 August to 13 October.
- HTV – 27 September to 14 November.
- West Country – 27 September to 14 November.
Details can be found here