Grants of up to £20,000 are available for projects that respond to the local needs of the armed forces community in the UK and improve recognition of the Armed Forces Covenant.
The Local Grants Programme is administered by the Armed Forces Covenant Fund Trust and is provided through the Armed Forces Covenant Fund, which has £10 million available each year to support projects that address the Trust’s funding priorities.
Eligible Local Grants projects must:
- Help integrate armed forces and civilian communities across the UK, and/or
- Deliver valuable local services to the armed forces community.
Applications are invited from registered charities, community interest companies, local authorities, schools, and armed forces units with a UIN (Unit Identification Number).
All organisations should:
- Have experience and a track record of working with the armed forces community, as well as a real understanding of the issues facing the armed forces community.
- Be able to provide evidence of real engagement and partnership working – with either an armed forces charity or an armed forces unit.
- Understand the local need for the project they want funded (eg be able to provide examples of what they have already been doing, to demonstrate this need, or describe consultation that has taken place, or give some quotes from individuals or groups who have expressed their interest).
- Work closely with their Local Covenant Partnerships to ensure projects that are properly connected locally, respond to recognised need and do not duplicate other provisions.
Applications can be submitted at any time until 2 December 2019 (9am) and will be reviewed quarterly.