Gannett Foundation helps to improve lives in the many communities served by Gannett Co., Inc. and beyond. Since its inception, Gannett Foundation has given more than $170 million to thousands of charitable projects across the United States and the United Kingdom.
Gannett employees help Gannett Foundation carry out the Foundation’s goals. They participate in local grant-making review committees, volunteer in their communities and are generous, as evidenced by their charitable contributions and volunteer activities that are matched by Gannett Foundation.
Below is information on some of the programs funded by Gannett Foundation.
- GannettMatch– Gannett employees’ donations to eligible charities all across the country are matched by Gannett Foundation.
- VolunteerMatch– Supports employee volunteerism by matching hours with a grant to the charitable organisation.
- Community Action Grants– In this program, grants are awarded to eligible organisations in the communities where Gannett is based. The foundation supports projects that take a creative approach to fundamental issues such as education and neighbourhood improvement, economic development, youth development, community problem-solving, assistance to disadvantaged people, environmental conservation and cultural enrichment.
- Media Grants– Grants to journalism education and training projects are part of the foundation’s media grants program.
- Disaster Relief Grants– Grants are made to Gannett communities affected by natural and other disasters, such as fire, flooding, tornadoes, and hurricanes. These grants are recommended by Gannett units, so the foundation does not accept applications for this program.
- Executive Grants– In this program grants are made to eligible organisations in the U.S. and the U.K. as recommended by senior Gannett executives (current and retired). Therefore, applications are not accepted for this program.
To find out more about grant funding opportunities with the Gannett Foundation please go to https://www.gannettfoundation.org/programs.htm