Funding is available for charitable organisations within Leicestershire that are looking to support health, research into rare diseases, children’s welfare and relief of poverty and hardship in all ages and countries.
Maximum value: £50,000
Objectives of Fund
The objectives of the trust are as follows:
- To provide relief for those who by reason of their age, youth, infirmity, disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances are suffering hardship or distress or are otherwise in need.
- To provide relief for charitable purposes connected with children’s welfare in the United Kingdom or elsewhere, in particular (but without limitation to the trustees’ powers) the relief of need, hardship, suffering, distress of underprivileged, deprived and abused children.
- To advance the education about and the enhancement of health in general and to provide, maintain and replace (where not readily available from statutory resources) medical equipment to be used in the care and treatment of the sick and for the relief of poverty amongst the sick.
- To promote research into the causes of and a cure for those suffering from rare diseases or disorders and in particular metabolic disorders.
- To make donations to any charitable institution or foundation for the purposes of such institution’s or foundation’s charitable objects of such amount or amounts and in such manner generally as the trustees shall in their absolute discretion determine.
Examples of previous successes are as follows:
- Don Bosco Hostel Boys School North India (residential hostel) – £50,000.
- Fr Puis George (Minor Seminary of Salesian Congregation in Sri Lanka) – £30,000.
- Consulata Fathers Tanzania (Ongoing support for Ikonda Hospital run by the Consulata Fathers in Tanzania) – £30,000.
- Intercare (Ongoing support to supply medicine & supplies to nursing sisters in various African countries) – £20,000.
- Light for the Blind (continued support for the hospice for the dying destitute in India) – £20,000.
- The Spiritans Fathers (The Holy Ghost Fathers) (Nursery education in the island of Mao) – £20,000.
- Marie Curie Cancer Care (Nurse in Leicester) – £19,000.
- The Rosary Church, Leicester (roof repair) – £11,502.
The Trust has approximately £275,000 to award each year.
Funding is awarded at the discretion of the Trustees. As an example, last year grants ranged from £1,000 to £50,000.
Match Funding Restrictions
Match funding is not a specified requirement.
Who Can Apply
Charities or charitable organisations in Leicestershire are eligible to apply for funding.
Applicants are advised to contact the Trust to confirm that exclusions do not apply.
Funding can be used for a wide range of projects and activities that meet the Trust’s objectives. For example, funding was awarded last year to support a residential hostel, a hospital, roof repair and towards the Nepal earthquake appeal amongst other things.
How To Apply
The Trust does not have a website or a formal application form.
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Applications must be made in writing directly to the Trust which will be reviewed at the next Trustees meeting.
For further information, applicants are advised to contact the Trust directly.
Mr H P Murphy
The Dromintee Trust
1 Westmoreland Avenue
Tel:0116 260 3877